Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BRM Imaging Fashion Photography : About Me

















A little about me :


I knew at a young age I had a passion for everything artistic and creative. Constantly sketching gowns and  designs as a child I dreamed of a career in fashion. At an early age I moved to Los Angeles to attend The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. While in school I worked for a boutique pr firm specializing in fashion events, where I assisted stylists and learned about the industry.

 

After graduating I moved to Boston to further my studies in Graphic Design at Suffolk University. In my spare time I taught myrself the art of photography and worked with some of the best and most well-known fashion photographers in Boston. After building a strong portfolio, I started booking photo shoots with models, designers, and top modeling agencies all over New England. 

 

With a background in design and fashion I was able to creatively plan a photo shoot from location scouting  to styling assistance. Most of all, I strive to bring out the beauty in all of my models.




A little about my photography :


As a photographer I enjoy creating moments that show a thought or feeling or fantasy. I always take full advantage of my surroundings and keep an open eye throughout my days because i know that inspiration is found everywhere. My background in graphic design allows me to see photography in not only a creative light but also a tool used in branding and imaging. I have been praised by my subjects in my ability to create a comfortable and fun working enviroment. I believe a great photo is created best in a team atmosphere and with the equal collaboration of everyone involved, therefore it is always my goal to maintain a positive attitude, an open mind, and strong line of communication while on set. 


A quote I live by :


"It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. I work with it and rely on it. It's my partner."








No comments:

Post a Comment