Saturday, June 5, 2010

What do straws have to do with it ?


So I went to Hunts the other day on a search for a small grid for my flash unit, and they didnt have one ! only a display one which they wouldnt sell. I also needed some thunder grey backdrop paper which was out of stock and only on display ! it was a shopping flop to say the least. I convinced them to give me the old beat up display paper at a super discount. I still needed a grid for my flash so i went home and started a project (this happens daily) I cut up some straws, meticulously painted each one, strapped them together with some gorilla tape and walla ! a free grid (beats paying $30 for a peice of plastic at Hunts). Another problem was the fact that I dont keep models in my closet so I had to get out the remote and test it on myself. p.s. Im wearing a bathing suit (it was 100 degrees and i dont have AC) Here are the results. Keep in mind this low key lighting is new for me, so feel free to give input.

No comments:

Post a Comment